Wouldn't you love to have a beautiful home page enticing your readers to choose from many different articles instead of having them read one or two really long ones? I thought I would share how easy it is to create a beautiful home page for your Blog by using a few simple editing tools.
I created an outline which is pretty simple to follow but if you have any questions, don't hesitate to leave a comment below.
1) The photo below is an image of your post editing panel in Blogger showing all your editing icons.
2) The Red Arrow is pointing to the "CUT" icon tool. This is what you would click on to create what is called a "cut" or a "jump" in you post. All the text and photos inserted after the "cut" will not appear on your homepage. Your readers will have to click on the "read more" text to open up the full post.
3) In the photo below I show what a "cut" line looks like. Once you click on the icon, this line will appear. It is recommended that you only show one photo and one paragraph on your home page, thus enticing your readers to "read your entire post".
4) Follow the steps below to create a post with a "cut" just to see how easy it is. Once you click "publish", go to your home page to see what it looks like and what your readers will see.
5) Below in your Post Settings is where you can configure your "cut" text to say what ever you want. Some people say "Continue Reading" or "Click Here to Read More". Basically, you can get creative. I have an Image on mine. This is very advanced CSS or HTML editing.
I hope this will help a few of my fellow bloggers that are new to Blogging!